Responsible Social Gaming
joy-quest Responsible Social Gaming Policy
Date of last Update: 25 SEPTEMBER 2023
joy-quest is committed to endorsing a responsible gaming as a policy of customer care and social responsibility.
We believe it is our responsibility to you, our customers, to ensure that you enjoy your experience on our platform, while remaining fully aware of the potential risks that can be associated with computer gaming if you don’t remain in control.
To ensure that you continue to enjoy safe and manageable play, we fully support responsible gaming and have put measures in place to assist players who wish to control their play.
1.KEEPING TRACK OF YOUR PLAY
- Playing computer games should be treated as a fun pastime. Here are some tips to help you maintain control of your gaming:
Keep it fun
- Playing computer games is a form of entertainment, but they should be played in moderation and not to escape reality or to generate income through winning prizes.
Do not spend too much
- Set a budget for your entertainment and stick to it. Only purchase joy-questCoins if you can afford them. You can always make use of free play via joy-quest’s alternative methods of entry.
Keep track of the time
- We are thrilled you’re here and we hope that you can continue playing, but don’t let computer gaming take up too much of your time. Just like going to the movies or going bowling, we are here when you need some entertainment.
Make use of our gaming management tools
- If you need some time out, you can take a break from playing at any time by following the steps in section 2.
- If you think you may be gaming too often, then it may be handy to consider the self-assessment questions in section 3 below.
2.STAYING IN CONTROL
- We encourage our customers to game responsibly, so we offer a variety of responsible gaming features.
Set Spending Limits
- The spending controls function provides you with options to pre-set:
- how many joy-quest Coins you can purchase each day;
- how many joy-quest Coins you can purchase each week;
- how many joy-quest Coins you can purchase each month;
- To pre-set a limit, please use the tools provided within the “Profile” section of the website, alternatively, contact Customer Support via email using the subject line “Responsible Gaming Options” along with details of which options you would like to make use of. Please note that each day refers to a 24-hour period.
- Should you choose to email in a purchase limit request, we will endeavour to apply your limits as soon as practically possible, however, please note that this process takes a reasonable working period to implement. The limits will not come into effect until they have been fully implemented and this has been communicated to you. If after this you find that the limits have not taken effect, it is your responsibility to inform us immediately.
- You can change or revoke the limits you have set by using the tools provided within the “Profile” section of the website, alternatively, contact Customer Support via email using the subject line “Responsible Gaming Options” along with details of which options you would like to amend or revoke. Please note that we have a 7 day cooling off period for any increase on spending limits.
Self-Exclusion and Account Closure Options
- If you feel like you want to take a break, or that your gaming has become problematic, you may voluntarily exclude yourself from the joy-quest platform using the tools provided within the “Profile” section of the website. You may request to exclude yourself from the joy-quest platform by choosing one of the following options:
- Permanently’ (Permanent Self-Exclusion) by selecting this option and clicking “Permanent Lock”, this will exclude you from using our services indefinitely. This action cannot be reversed either by you or by anyone at joy-quest.
- for a selected period (Limited Timeout) by selecting the desired return date, and then pressing “Timeout”.
- Once selected, the option chosen comes into effect immediately. If after this you find that you can still access the joy-quest platform, it is your responsibility to inform us immediately via email.
- During any exclusion period, you will not have any access to the joy-quest platform. If you require access to your account history and / or information you will need to email Customer Support via email.
- At the conclusion of a Limited Timeout, your access to the joy-quest platform will be reinstated.
- Once the self-exclusion is applied and through its duration, you will no longer receive any further marketing materials from us. We strongly recommend that you also seek exclusion from all other gaming platforms you have an active account with. If you use social media channels, you should take steps to ensure that you don’t receive our news or updates.
- Once the self-exclusion (or any type of closure) is applied and through its duration, you will no longer receive any further marketing materials from us, however it can take up to 24h for the system to update so during this time you might receive marketing materials, please do ignore them.
- We strongly recommend that you also seek exclusion from all other gaming platforms you have an active account with. If you use social media channels, you should take steps to ensure that you don’t receive our news or updates.
- We may exclude you from the joy-quest platform permanently or for a Limited timeout period in our sole discretion if there are reasons to indicate that you may have a computer gaming problem.
- Where you choose to amend your purchase limits the following rules will come into effect:
- a request to decrease a purchase limit is effective immediately
- a request to increase a purchase limit is displayed as pending and will not come into effect until a period of 7 days has elapsed
Stop playing/Close your account
- You may choose to close your account. If you wish to do so, make a written email request to Customer Support via email to support[at]wowvegas.com.
- We reserve the right to refuse or close a Customer Account in our sole discretion, but any contractual obligations already made by us will be honoured accordingly.
Exclusion by unregistered players
- You may also voluntarily exclude yourself from the joy-quest platform if you do not have a customer account. If you wish to do so, you must send an email to support[at]wowvegas.com including your full name, full residential address, email address and age to allow us to block you from registering and playing on the joy-quest platform in the future. This self-exclusion will only be lifted 7 days after we receive your written email requesting to ignore your previous request of self-exclusion.
- Information relating to your gaming can be viewed in the Gaming History section of joy-quest and in the Transaction History section of the platform. For information relating to your gaming that goes back beyond any records displayed within the Gaming History, please contact Customer Support via email.
- If you think your or someone else’s computer gaming is becoming problematic, then it may be handy to consider the self-assessment questions below.
- Do you often re-live gaming experiences or think about future ones?
- Do you hide or lie about your gaming?
- Do you get angry when someone or something interrupts a game?
- Have you ever taken a break from gaming and binged uncontrollably upon your return?
- When upset, do you soothe yourself with games or plans to game?
- Do you find yourself gaming in the early morning?
- Do you find ways to game when away from home?
- Do you set limits with gaming and then break them, playing hours longer than intended?
- Do you lose hours of sleep to gaming?
- Have you called in sick or late to work or skipped classes to game?
- Have you sworn off a game, uninstalled it, and later returned to it?
- Do you feel guilt and shame around your gaming?
- Does gaming contribute to arguments in your relationships?
- Has gaming taken the place of any hobbies or sports you used to enjoy?
- Do you forget appointments, responsibilities or deadlines in work or school when gaming?
- Do you become irritated and defensive when people suggest you might be gaming too much?
- Have your hours spent gaming increased over time?
- Do you blow off social events to game?
- Have you lost contact with friends and family since gaming?
- Do you have intense feelings (highs, lows, anger, fear) while gaming?
The more questions that you answer “yes” to, the more likely it is that you are having difficulties with your gaming, though it can be perfectly normal to experience some of these without issue. To speak with someone who can give you advice and support, please contact the Support Organisations referred to below within section 4.
- Should you wish to access help and support services for people who have been adversely affected by gaming, we advise you to get in touch with both the Computer Gaming Addicts Anonymous (CGAA) using the following email address: email@example.com.
- Important: Please note that the CGAA are an independent support services and are NOT in any way affiliated with joy-quest. The CGAAdoes not provide customer support or dispute resolution services. Should you wish to discuss any matter or complaint related to your account, you can do so by contacting us via email at support[at]wowvegas.com.
PLAYER PROTECTION POLICY
1.PROTECTION OF MINORS
- With the internet accessible via mobile devices and in homes around the world, responsible gaming relies heavily on parental control and supervision. To ensure child safety on the internet, we encourage our customers to make use of filtering software to prevent minors from accessing inappropriate online material.
2.TIPS FOR PARENTS
- We offer the following tips for parents:
- Keep your username and password safe.
- Do not leave your computer or device unattended when logged in to your account.
- Do not use the “Remember Me” feature on a shared computer or device, especially if you share your computer or device with children.
- Take particular care regarding the use by minors of all electronic and mobile devices.
- Keep your bank cards and bank account details out of reach of children.
- Do not allow minors (under 18 years) to participate in any gaming activity meant for adults (+18 years).
- Make use of filtering software to prevent your children from accessing inappropriate material online.
- If you share your device or computer with friends or family who are under the legal age to participate in online social gaming, we recommend that you restrict their access to gaming platforms. There are third-party services available that may be able to assist with this, such as:
3.TIPS FOR PLAYERS
- Make sure that the decision to play joy-quest is your own personal choice.
- Determine how much you will spend before playing.
- Before you start playing, familiarise yourself with the rules of the games.
- We suggest that you don’t play on our platform if:
- it interferes with your daily responsibilities;
- you are being treated or are in recovery for any type of dependency;
- you are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance; or
- your primary purpose is to pay debts using prizes you might win.